Obviously, the most ideal situation for children of divorcing parents is that each parent is a caring, involved parent, with the child’s best interest at the forefront. Unfortunately, this is not always the case and private investigators are a necessary tool in proving to the Court that YOU are the best parent to care for your child.
There are many important factors that are considered when determining child custody. The Court will take into account the age, physical, and mental condition of the child. If the child is at or above the age to express his own wishes and understanding to a Court of Law (generally 12 years old), the Judge may speak directly to the child.
If your child/children are younger and you and your spouse cannot come to an agreement on the issue of child custody, following are some factors that are important to your case:
- Can you or your spouse offer a stable home environment to the child, including food, shelter, and appropriate education?
- Is there a history of drug or alcohol abuse?
- Is there a history of domestic violence or other abuse?
- Does the parent associate with anyone to whom the child should not be exposed?
- Is there involvement in criminal activity?
- Is the current lifestyle one that is a positive influence in your child’s life?
These are just a few factors that can help in a determination of child custody. Our investigators can supply to you the answers to these questions to assist you acquiring the evidence you may need.
Let us Help You
With Your Child Custody Investigative Needs